Railsplitters Score Big Win Over Wingate To Remain Undefeated
February 26, 2010
WINGATE, NC - The Lincoln Memorial University men's tennis team picked up it's first South Atlantic Conference win of the year Friday afternoon when the Railsplitters traveled to Wingate, North Carolina and defeated the Bulldogs of Wingate University 6-3 in match play.
LMU entered the match having not officially played since their February 14 5-4 win over the University of West Alabama that was played in Birmingham on a neutral court.
Friday's win over the Bulldogs not only puts the Railsplitters at 1-0 in the South Atlantic Conference, combined with their win over the Tigers, it moves the LMU men to 2-0 in region play and 3-0 on the year heading into Saturday's road conference match with the Catawba Indians of Catawba College.
LMU and Catawba will square off at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday in Salisbury, North Carolina. The last time the two teams met in conference play, the Railsplitters beat Catawba on their home court on April 18, 2009.
Tennis Match Results
Lincoln Memorial vs Wingate
Feb 26, 2010 at Wingate, NC
Lincoln Memorial 6, Wingate 3
1. Hannes Ganss (LMU) def. Bruno Pudence (WU) 6-2, 6-3
2. Matthew Lichtenstein (WU) def. Bastian Guenther (LMU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Philipp Hoffmann (LMU) def. Braeden Patchell (WU) 6-4, 6-4
4. Flavio Rathsam (WU) def. Andras Pauko (LMU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Greg Machado (WU) def. Gabor Heredi-Szabo (LMU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Fernando Montemurro (WU) 6-2, 7-5
1. Philipp Hoffmann/Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Bruno Pudence/Flavio Rathsam (WU) 8-2
2. Hannes Ganss/Bastian Guenther (LMU) def. Braeden Patchell/Matthew Lichtenstein (WU) 9-8 (7-2)
3. Zack Jones/Gabor Heredi-Szabo (LMU) def. Louis Villaroel/Greg Machado (WU) 8-5
Lincoln Memorial 3-0, 1-0 SAC
Wingate 4-3, 1-1 SAC