Railsplitters Blast King College In Men's Tennis
April 13, 2010
BRISTOL, TN - The Lincoln Memorial University men's tennis team extended its current winning streak to 10 consecutive matches Tuesday afternoon when the Railsplitters traveled to Bristol, Tennessee and knocked off NCAA Division II regional opponent King College 5-0.
While there were nine matches originally scheduled to be played, it was predetermined by the head coaches of both teams that once the match had been decided, play would be suspended.
The 2010 South Atlantic Conference Regular Season Champions made quick work of the Tornado and swept doubles play and two of the first three singles matchs that were being played to seal their fifteenth win of the year to move to 15-1 overall.
The Railsplitters are ranked 12th in the NCAA Southeast Region entering this weekend's final matches of the regular season against Georgetown College on Friday at 2:00 p.m. and Saturday's match with Lee University that is yet to be announced.
#12 Lincoln Memorial 5, King 0
Apr 13, 2010 at Bristol, TN
1. Philipp Hoffmann (LMU) def. Hiroki Takagi (KING) 6-2, 6-1
2. Hannes Ganss (LMU) def. Oriol Mirallas (KING) 6-0, 6-0
3. Patrick Jones (KING) vs. Bastian Guenther (LMU) unfinished
4. Juan Avila (KING) vs. Gabor Heredi-Szabo (LMU) unfinished
5. Seth Hale (KING) vs. Andras Pauko (LMU) unfinished
6. Eiki Magnusson (KING) vs. Tom Goossens (LMU) unfinished
1. #7 Philipp Hoffmann/Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Hiroki Takagi/Juan Avila (KING) 8-2
2. Bastian Guenther/Hannes Ganss (LMU) def. Oriol Mirallas/Patrick Jones (KING) 8-1
3. Zack Jones/Gabor Heredi-Szabo (LMU) def. Seth Hale/Eiki Magnusson (KING) 8-6
Lincoln Memorial 15-1; Regional ranking #12